- Mobile phones
   - Phone masts
   - Powerlines

Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!

- Liability disclaimer -
- Privacy policy -
- Cookies policy -
© Copyright Powerwatch 2024

Powerwatch Forums - View Thread - using electricity in a sheilded caravan. electronic ballast lamposts

[Back to Forums Main Index]
[Back to Powerwatch Open Forum Index]

using electricity in a sheilded caravan. electronic ballast lamposts

Post Time: 14/06/2008 23:51:35
peter1000000
Total Forum Posts: 22
if I totally shileded a caravan/alluminium static homes, windows and so was in essence in a complete metal box, would i be able to use the lights and stuff and hook it to the mains, or does any electrical device give off rf/mr? and it would it cause me a problem as im very es? i can insted use gas but even the heating in the boiler with the controls need electricity?

also I read in the latest es newslater about the electronic ballast lamposts causing a problem, are all lamposts going to be this sort in the near future? how far will the range of danger be and how dangerouse do u think they will be?

thank you very much,

peter.
Post Time: 01/07/2008 18:33:33
alasdairP
Total Forum Posts: 173
It would be better to run the lights off a DC power supply - I suggest a large 12 volt car battery that is outside the caravan (in the battery box!) and has an external mains charger at least 3 metres away from the caravan. You can purchase suitable car light fittings at a motor car parts shop. The negative of the battery should be connected by a wire to a proper Earthing metal stake into the ground. These can be made yourself or bought from an electrical contractor. Ideally the ground around the stake should be kept damp by regular watering.

Heating is more of an issue. I would have thought a Calor gas heater with an external flue so that all the gasses go outside the caravan might be best - though you may be sensitive to the fumes.
http://www.propexheatsource.co.uk/products.htm sell some gas heaters that have 12V DC controls.

Dimplex (et al) oil-filled electric radiator heaters are screened and give off very low fields as to their bathroom towel-rail heaters. These do need 230 volts AC, but if wired the screened mains cable will not significantly increase your electric or magnetic field levels as long as you are at least 30cm away from them.
Post Time: 04/07/2008 23:59:49
peter1000000
Total Forum Posts: 22
thank you, could i ask if the lampost situation is something to worry about as i cannot go near some of them, and fear that the goverment is changing all the lampost to the kind that affect very es people.

thanks

peter