- Mobile phones
   - Phone masts
   - Powerlines

Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!

- Liability disclaimer -
- Privacy policy -
- Cookies policy -
© Copyright Powerwatch 2024

Powerwatch Forums - View Thread - how long does a microwave bounce around for in a metal box?

[Back to Forums Main Index]
[Back to Powerwatch Open Forum Index]

how long does a microwave bounce around for in a metal box?

Post Time: 05/07/2008 08:48:48
peter1000000
Total Forum Posts: 22
hi there, if you create a metal box and microwaves say from a mobile mast get in, how ong do they stay bouncing around for before they die out if you see what i mean. do they last a couple of seconds, or minutes of hours, if they ever die out at all, fotr example when you turn off a mircowave oven do ther microwaves cease imeadiatly or do they slowly die off?

thank you

peter.
Post Time: 12/07/2008 14:51:02
Mikko
Total Forum Posts: 17
The work of Hondou and his research team might solve your puzzle, Peter.

Please, take a look:
http://www.cmpt.phys.tohoku.ac.jp/~hondou/page2/page2.html

See also electrosmog in a bus -article. That one is in German, but pictures and measuments tell quite a lot:

http://www.izgmf.de/Aktionen/Meldungen/Archiv_04/Messprojekt_Bus/messprojekt_bus.html

I hope that helps

Mikko
Post Time: 12/07/2008 23:31:10
peter1000000
thanks for your reply, would you know how long after a device/areial is shut off that the microwaves die out by any chance?

peter
Post Time: 13/07/2008 18:29:02
Mikko
Total Forum Posts: 17
I am not expert in this area.

Please, ask those Japanese experts. They will most like know the answer.

BW,

Mikko
Post Time: 28/07/2008 21:05:26
alasdairP
Total Forum Posts: 173
They die out by absorption/dissipation by putting energy into 'conductive bodies' (metal and also conductive tissue including human and animal tissue). Otherwise they bounce around. Typically, though, they dissipate within factions of a second.
Post Time: 28/07/2008 23:35:59
peter1000000
thank you very much, are you going to the dr carlo thing on 7th sept?

peter
Post Time: 06/08/2008 22:32:39
alasdairP
Total Forum Posts: 173
No, as I need to be in London to help prepare for the RRT Conference on the 8th and 9th September. Also, there is a Speakers and organisers gathering in the afternoon and a get-together on the evening of 7th in London. The RRT (and I) tried to get George Carlo to use a central London (low EMF) venue we found, but he chose one in Aylesford instead. That meant that Eileen O'Connor, Brian Stein and I had to opt out for timing and travel reasons - otherwise we would have attended. We realise that London is far from ideal for ES people (Brian is very ES and I am quite ES), but the place and timing of Aylesford on 7th September just does not work for us.
Post Time: 06/08/2008 23:10:36
peter1000000
i understand, i was gunning for them to hold it in leeds as i definatly wont be able to make the journey (long shot i know as im the only person ive found that is in es uk from leeds) I hired a tent from an american company which supplys the usa army with them for when they are out on monovers and dont want people to be able to hack in for a ludicrous amount of money and another es person came up from the south yesterday and we tested it. it didnt work at first, (even though the microwaves were completly cut off) as every thing else i had tried to sheild myself with (canopys etc) insted made both of us feel much worse but once i turned off the whole electrics in the house it did perfectly, I am going to retest all the different canopys that i have purchased with the electrcity turned off as even though they were al earthed i feel this somehow effects it. ps did you know why this might be and also the db rating of the chromex stuff i bought for between 500mhz and 2.5ghz by any chance?

thank you

peter.