Powerwatch Forums - View Thread - Using Yshield in bathrooms

[Back to Forums Main Index]
[Back to Powerwatch Open Forum Index]

Using Yshield in bathrooms

Post Time: 23/09/2008 18:31:48
WRGE2000
Total Forum Posts: 13
Hi,
I have painted the walls and ceilings of my bathroom with Yshield. It has been drying for three days yet I still experience a very loud screeching from the MW1 when held against parts of the wall and ceiling (using the biscuit tin method). This is disappointing as the paint seemed to work very well in my study (I'm working my way through the house!). Is this normal when painting bathrooms?

William
Post Time: 24/09/2008 22:17:53
WRGE2000
Total Forum Posts: 13
I'm answering my own post here! Subsequent experimentation shows that most of the EMF is coming through the ceiling (even though it is painted with Yshield). Maybe this is because it is easier for the EMF to travel through the relatively thin ceilings (as opposed to the brick walls + Yshield). Has anyone else experienced this? I'm tempted to just place kitchen foil along the attic, either under or over the insulation. Can the whole issue of earthing/grounding be skipped when placing foil in an attic?

William
Post Time: 25/09/2008 09:13:58
Sarahp
Total Forum Posts: 48
Hi William, sorry for a slight delay in posting. It's possible that if you're getting a particularly strong signal that the Yshield may need a second coat (the first coat will block over 99% of the signal, but even that small amount remaining may produce very loud sounds from the MW1 if the strength was high to start with).

Alternatively, lining your attic with aluminium foil is a very good alternative. If possible, try to get the catering foil (it's a lot thicker than the basic stuff you can get at the supermarket). Unless your attic is in use as a living space, there's no need to earth it.

Best wishes,
Sarah