© Copyright Powerwatch 2024

Powerwatch Forums - View Thread - Help!

[Back to Forums Main Index]
[Back to Powerwatch Open Forum Index]

Help!

Post Time: 15/12/2008 15:24:50
bja
Total Forum Posts: 5
As I write my ears are both ringing, the right ear whistling has built up gradually over the last two to three weeks with the left ear joining in last night.

Up until last Monday my wife and I had a Gigaset beside the bed. We had bought this DECT phone (base station & four handsets) just over a year ago.

During that time we have had so many symptoms that initially I had 'environmental health' check our water supply - the sample came back clear.

I have also installed a carbon monoxide monitor and that's been ok too.

I then discovered an article on DECT phones and, as a result , had ours removed.

All the articles I've read since inform me that removal of the phone will remove our problems. However it's been over a week since we binned ours: Mel has had a three day migrane and despite having a spray my Tinnitus has got worse. Not sleeping has been one of our symptoms and last night was one of the worst for no sleep!

Has anyone else experienced 'withdrawal symptoms'?

I have had a look around and our nearest mast is over a mile away. I will talk to my neighbour when I can catch him to determine what he has got - DECT, WiFi etc. I have an Acousti COM on the way and hope this will give me some more clues.

Post Time: 16/12/2008 09:20:26
Sarahp
Total Forum Posts: 48
Hi!

It's possible you're just suffering the after-effects, if it was the phone that was the cause of the symptoms. I've described electrosensitivity as a little like sunburn for some people - you get the acute effect of sunburn - the bright redness, the pain, the peeling - fairly quickly, but the redness only starts to fade after a few days, and often you're left with slightly more tanned skin.

Some people appear to react to over-exposure to EMFs in a similar fashion - you've removed the primary cause (got out of the sun) but it may take a while for the effects to wear off.

One of the important things for people who are electrosensitive is to keep well hydrated - it's thought it may help the body's conductivity I believe. So keep drinking lots (yes, I know it's nearly Christmas, but I don't mean that sort!).

The other thing you may want to look at is a melatonin supplement for night time. You may find the article "Melatonin, EMFs and Health" very useful to explain why it's such an important antioxidant. I've started taking melatonin supplements myself, having read a bit of the research and talked to Jean and Alasdair about it. There seem to be huge amounts of positive effects from taking it, and so far I don't think anyone has found anything negative.

People report different effects - Jean finds she gets to sleep a lot easier (after about 20 minutes) and I find that although I don't *get* to sleep easier, I stay more deeply asleep and am more rested in the morning. I found it started working the very same night I took the supplement.

Tell you what, I'll pop a couple of Asphalia samples in the post to you - these are the supplements EMFields stock, and you may find them helpful. Each sample contains 5 capsules, you take one capsule about half an hour before you want to sleep.

Worth a try anyway!

Sarah
Post Time: 16/12/2008 21:33:51
bja
Sarah,

Thanks for the reply, advice and, in advance, for the samples.

The whistle in my ears has changed to a whine, Mel is complaining of the same thing though not as acute.

Mel has had Ectopic heartbeats for over a year which, regulated by beta blockers for months, have almost disappeared. My 'IBS' has also disappeared, however the cat has gone off her food. (The family pet reacting to the removal of stimulus has reassured us that we're not both engaged in some collective psychological hysteria!)

There are lots of other little symptoms that have gone or are changing but I won't bore you with them.

Nevertheless, I'll certainly keep you informed of what I find with the Acousti COM.

Thanks again,

Brian

Post Time: 19/12/2008 17:34:57
bja
Sarah,

Thanks for the Asphalia they arived with the Acousti-COM.

I have used it to determine the location of my neighbour's WiFi,mobile and DECT.

The WiFi, located upstairs, is the most pernicious permeating the spare bedroom and into the main bedroom. There is a node just above our heads.
This may help to explain why Mel's ectopic beats have not fully gone.

We switched off the DECT 11 days ago now and Mel still has a headache and the whine in my head is still there, though easing.

Mel is only starting to come round to the idea that our phone has been causing our symptoms. If I mention it to friends they look at me as if I'm a raving loony. (My job as an Electrical & Instrumentation engineer carries little weight apparently.) I'm going to have to be diplomatic with our little-known neighbour.

Rregards,

Brian

Post Time: 01/01/2009 11:19:23
alasdairP
Total Forum Posts: 173
Brian

It can take some time for your body to readjust to the lack of EM radiation - it will have been trying to compensate and protect you over the last year. It is rather like a personal relationship where they say that it often takes at least one-fifth of the time you were together to readjust to life apart (i.e. for a relationship of five years, allow at least a year to readjust).

In your case I would say that between one and three months will be necessary for your living system to re-stabilise. Short-term "withdrawal" effects are common and can result in an apparent worsening of symptoms for a week or so. Hopefully you and Mel are now feeling much better. I apologise for the delay in replying over Christmas but I am away from base.

Improvement should continue for the next month or so. Drink plenty of water based drinks. 1500 to 2500 g of MSM (an organic form of sulphur) and 1000 g of slow release (important!) vitimin C each day with food (preferably breakfast or lunch) can help as this helps your cells re-hydrate which usually will protect you better from EMR/EMF effects. Both are available from your local health food store or good chemist. MSM is easier to take in tablet or capsule form as it is bitter to tasts. If you have the powder, then it can be added to fruit juice/squash to improve the taste. BIOVEA sell both over the internet.

I hopes. I originally qualified and practised for many years as an electronics and later an EMC engineer (then went on in more recent times to bio-physical interactions and health issues) and am happy to answer any more technical questions.

Good wishes for better health in 2009.

Alasdair
Post Time: 02/01/2009 18:05:22
bja
Alasdair,

Thanks for the reply,

The latest with Mel and myself one month on:

Mel's ectopic beats have completely gone and she's off the beta blockers.

We have noticed that almost all our other symptoms have gone. We both feel tired despite getting deep sleep although that could be down to the colds and flus going about at present.

I still have Tinnitus in mty right ear and will get that checked out.

I have an appointment with the dentist in January but the pain in my teeth has also gone!

On scanning our bed with the Acousti-COM I discovered a few nodes or 'hot-spots' where the neighbour's Wi-Fi is getting through. I have eliminated these by a little tinfoil screening 'till I get a chance to catch up with him.

These nodes, however, cause me some concern. If they exist in a given space just above the matress on which we are sleeping then the same region of the body will be exposed to these as we sleep. What, if any, damage could be caused to surrounding tissue/organs?

Another thing we are not missing is 'the itch'. We have often joked about the cat having flees then I read about 3 to 5 V/m signals making the skin itch. Do you know if this is true?

All the best for the coming year.

Brian

Post Time: 02/01/2009 19:02:52
marg5hatesmasts
Total Forum Posts: 15
If you have not done so already you might be interested in reading this item about the effects of high frequency radiation that have been documented by German medical doctors.
http://www.powerwatch.org.uk/news/20050722_bamberg.asp

Margaret
Post Time: 03/01/2009 18:34:15
bja
Thanks Margaret,

Indeed I have read this article, which describes many of the symptoms Mel and I have had. There was another article I read detailing how babies monitored by DECT monitors had been identified as having irregular heartbeats which stopped when the monitors were removed.

We have had a drive about near comms masts with the Acousti-COM, I feel sorry for anyone who has to tolerate the effects of signals emitted by these things. At least, for the moment, we have got rid of our problem.

Brian