- Mobile phones
   - Phone masts
   - Powerlines

Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!

- Liability disclaimer -
- Privacy policy -
- Cookies policy -
© Copyright Powerwatch 2024

Powerwatch Forums - View Thread - Use of mobile phone tracking device in metal cage environment

[Back to Forums Main Index]
[Back to Powerwatch Open Forum Index]

Use of mobile phone tracking device in metal cage environment

Post Time: 04/01/2009 22:51:28
tony allison
Total Forum Posts: 1
I am being directed to use a Mobile phone (Benefon TPG 80 EG) as means to track the vehicle I am working in on the grounds that this is for my personal safety as a loan worker. I am instructed to switch the unit on at the beginning of my working day and have it running until I finish my 7.5 hr shift. I spend all that time in the vehicle. The unit has no external aerial and I am concerned at the exposure to the pulsed radiation. The unit operates on the vodaphone network and I operate in a rural area where there are many poor areas of contact between towers and phone and some complete dead spots. The unit is often searching for a signal and is therefore working at its maximum output. The unit has to be connected to the on vehicle charging unit as it uses so much power. I am extremely concerned at the amount of microwave exposure I am being subjected to. I purchased a COM microwave monitor which indicates an intermittent output from the unit often at high levels and occasionally going off the scale.
I have approximately four years to my retirement. The time I will be subjected to this exposure in my working environment equates to approximately 4 months. My employers say that the directive to carry this equipment and operate in the manner prescribed amounts to a reasonable request. I have challenged this on the grounds of the possibility of long term health risks. However answers to questions pertaining to my concerns seem to imply little acknowledgement or awareness to possible long term risks and relate purely to manufacturer’s assurances of safety and compliance with British and EU safety standards. These standards as well as being questionably high in terms of emissions are based on laboratory testing and do not relate at all to the manner and environment in which this equipment is being used and the continuous exposure throughout my working day.

I require as much information relating to the issue especially using such equipments in a metal cage environment. Anything else to support my case would be much appreciated. I am aware of the liability disclaimer issued by Powerwatch and only require available information which I may not have sourced.

Many Regards
Post Time: 06/01/2009 20:17:30
alasdairP
Total Forum Posts: 173
I don't know what type of vehicle or what job.

I would say that a reasonable request from you, if you normally use the same vehicle, would be to have a proper vehicle/car kit with an external roof-mounted antenna (suitable for the phone and its inbuilt GPS) fitted by your employer. You can then cover the phone inside the vehicle with one of our headnets and should be subject to little microwave exposure and yet still be able to use the phone when needed.

If that is not acceptable to them, then fit it in a window-sucker phone grip in the rear window of you vehicle and hang a headnet or two pieces of bobinnet material (www.emfields.org) over it just behind it and between the phone and the inside of the vehicle. You would have to get an power-cable extension for it to do this and plug it into the cigarette lighter connector on the dash panel of the vehicle (www.firstphoneshop.co.uk/Benefon/Benefon.shtml).

Unless you declare yourself Electrosensitive (and your employer would almost certainly demand a medical doctor's letter stating this), then the above ideas are all that I can suggest. They would work just fine.