- Mobile phones
   - Phone masts
   - Powerlines

Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!

- Liability disclaimer -
- Privacy policy -
- Cookies policy -
© Copyright Powerwatch 2024

Powerwatch Forums - View Thread - Can the symptoms caused by EMF vary during the day?

[Back to Forums Main Index]
[Back to Powerwatch Open Forum Index]

Can the symptoms caused by EMF vary during the day?

Post Time: 20/02/2009 13:29:02
WRGE2000
Total Forum Posts: 13
Quick background: Having used an electrosmog detector I'm quite sure that our neighbours at my workplace use DECT phones

Symptoms have included feeling very edgy and unable to concentrate, but usually only between 11am - 3pm. Things seems to get much better at around 3pm but I have no explanation for this. This seems like a self-centred type of statement but I'm wondering if others have noticed these types of variations.

William

Post Time: 02/03/2009 18:02:48
alasdairP
Total Forum Posts: 173
William

This can happen, but I suspect that something else is also happening.

The DECT base units give out a continuous pulsing signal that does not vary much with call traffic. However, the handsets are silent when not in use. So, I suspect that it could be the actual DECT handset emissions that are increasing your RF exposure. Whether anyone stops working or changes what they do about 3pm? Possible.

It could also be a nearby mobile phone base station - their emissions vary considerably over time with call traffic.

It could also be some piece of equipment that your work neighbours use and they turn off about 3pm each day.

The most common reports concern the sleep of people living near to base stations. It is quite common for people to report that they wake at the same time each night (often between 02:30 and 03:30, but usually stays the same within about a minute). We have not managed to track the cause of this down (even using RF data loggers and spectrum analysis). But it is commonly reported.

Check that office lighting doesn't change between 11 and 3. I once cured a large council office with similar reported problems (all day, not just 11-3) which turned out to be high levels of electric fields (over 30 and up to 80 volts per metre) between 30 and 150 kHz from early (late 1980s) high-frequency fluorescent fittings. The lights were changed (at a very considerable cost - over 300 fittings!) and the physical problems stopped.

Alasdair
Post Time: 10/03/2009 22:56:03
WRGE2000
Total Forum Posts: 13
Alasdair,

thanks for your reply. I have changed my job (not because of the EMF issues) and am now symptom-free between these hours. It's quite alarming that there must be millions who experience this discomfort but have not made the connection between the emissions and their symptoms. It's also a very difficult subject to talk about even if you are aware of what may be going on.
I have a book on Chinese Medicine which suggests that various organs seem to be more active at various times of the day. Perhaps this type of internal body-clock, combined with environmental factors, can explain the cases you referred to.

William
Post Time: 04/08/2009 08:51:20
Mikko
Total Forum Posts: 17
In addition to DECT, I would check dirty electricity reading. That means RF radiation in electrical wires (harmonic overwaves + transients). There is a often a remarkable difference during the day. A nice paper about this was written by Stephen Genuis (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17572456) and practical tips in (http://www.electricalpollution.com/), read critically that site.

There are multiple ways to reduce dirty electricity. Some people prefer GS-filters, while others dont. One option is also the Swedish Enviromentor product. It depends on the source of dirty electricity: is it inside or outside the house.

Generally, all these areas: DECT, base station, dirty electricity etc should be checked to get a bigger picture of exposure situation. That is my limited opinion ;-)

Take care

Mikko