- Mobile phones
   - Phone masts
   - Powerlines

Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!

- Liability disclaimer -
- Privacy policy -
- Cookies policy -
© Copyright Powerwatch 2024

Powerwatch Forums - View Thread - Human Cell communication => via nanotubes and calcium ions (EMR susceptible)

[Back to Forums Main Index]
[Back to Powerwatch Open Forum Index]

Human Cell communication => via nanotubes and calcium ions (EMR susceptible)

Post Time: 31/03/2009 19:55:03
GilStevens
Total Forum Posts: 21
Team Powerwatch (especially any researchers in microbiology and human health effects),

Check out recent article in ScienceNews:http://www.sciencenews.org/view/access/id/41699/title/NANOTUBE_AND_TUNNEL_CROWD . Appears our human cells communicate by setting up nanotubes and using calcium ions to transfer information between cells. Of course Calcium ions are most likely very susceptible to electrical or maganetic waves. However this is something a qualified researcher in microbiology would need to investigate. Not sure what frequency our human cells communicate, but I sure the power difference between human cell transactions and what we are bombarded with for power frequencies, wireless data frequencies, wireless voice frequencies, and radar frequencies has a high probability of creating interference in our human cell nanotube communications.

An opportunity for research ...
...Gil
email: gil_stevens_grs@yahoo.com

Post Time: 04/04/2009 21:52:24
alasdairP
Total Forum Posts: 173
Gill. Thanks for your posting.

There is quite a lot of good work on Ca+ efflux and ELF magnetic fields (by Carl Blackman et al - many labs have done this sort of work and found effects). Sometimes (misleadingly) called ion-cyclotron resonance and sometimes Larmor resonance. This is for power frequencies and frequencies up to about 500 Hz in the Earth's geomagnetic field. The NMR resonant frequencies varies from place to place and from element to element and can be calculated.

It is relevant to GSM and other TDMA mobile phone handsets as the battery current pulses do generate significant levels of real ELF magnetic fields in the head (up to about 5 microtesla). It isn't thought relevant to just modulated RF, especially in the far field, though some researchers have apparently found effects.

RF work was done using the TETRA signal (17 Hz amplitude pulses of 400 or 900 MHz) by UK DSTL Porton Down, but they didn't find any significant Ca+ efflux changes either to the pulsed or CW RF. They didn't use real ELF pulsed magnetic fields as far as I can remember. Their results are available on the internet:

police.homeoffice.gov.uk/publications/operational-policing/tetra-dstl-final-report/tetra_final_report.pdf?view=Binary

also see:
www.cost281.org/download.php?fid=522
www.cost281.org/download.php?fid=784
(they are not quite the same)

EMX technology (swamping the regular pulsing with EMF "noise") does seem to work. I had a high regard for the late Ted Litovtiz and met and talked with him many times. His patents are now owned by a new commercial consortium. This website has interesting papers and some good information about these matters:

www.icswebsite.com/emf/emfissues.html
www.icswebsite.com/emf/scientificinformation.html
www.icswebsite.com/emf/aboutemf.html

Alasdair
Post Time: 05/04/2009 16:39:16
GilStevens
Hello Alasdair,

Thanks for the references on prior work on the subject and other items to investigate. I will check them out over the next week.

I have found the electrical conductivity and magnetic susceptibility in the CRC handbook of chemistry and physics, but what I haven't found is references to what frequencies our human cells communicate at, and also what are the power levels involved in the ION transfers. I am sure the power levels of human cell ION transfer and electrolysis of mineral absorption levels is at the nano/pico/femto levels but maybe it is at the atto levels. I will check out these articles for this type of detail. I think this will be important in understanding "interference" levels from the power levels of cell phones (voice, text and smartphone interneet access), cell phone towers, home dirty power, and high voltage power lines. If you know where this type of research might exist, or help me narrow down the search it would be greatly appreciated.

I am sure that via genetics our bodies have evolved to handle the earth geomagnetic fields to some extent, but genetically speaking the recessive gene combo to not handle it will imply some % of people still susceptible. However for all the new EMR sources, I am sure genetically nothing has even started to evolve to handle it yet.

Thx...
...Gil

Post Time: 06/04/2009 20:40:42
GilStevens
Hello Alasdair,

Thanks for the links. The "police...." report was very interesting. Most interesting was that it had a 14% validation that some people are more susceptible than others to EMR.

The Tetra studies in the "cost..." report documents seems to suggest no impact, but the ICS webpages show a very probable impact. I wasn't able to parse through all the buzzwords lingo and test differences to say why the difference. Do you know why the reported descrepancy?

I guess what concerns me the most about the "tetra..." studies in the cost websites is that they tried to simulate the phones instead of actually setting up real phones and using a autodialer to create the signal strength levels. I believe there is a one-two or more punch level of EMR issues going on. For instance when I test the iPhone for cellular frequencies for texting, it isn't very high, but at the power frequencies (which isn't tested by the FCC for FCC ID) it is very high. So in theory only testing one flavor and not all at the same time implies simulators to isolate one variable are great for isolating the one variable, but it doesn't test the reality of what we are exposed to.

I would think the whole Calcium studies need to be redone with a iPhone doing 700 text messages a day over 18 hours. Heck I have examples where my teens have done over 800 text messages in a day. I have heard of some people doing over 1,000 text messages a day. Also the whole Calcium studies need to be redone while texting and accessing the internet on the iPhone over cellular data at least 5 times for 20 minutes, and then over WiFi for another 5 to 10 times at 10-15 minutes. Then see what the impacts are.

And it isn't just calcium, it is all minerals that our bodies need. Some minerals are more electrically conductive, and some minerals are more magnetically susceptible. Has anyone started a more real test of cell phone usage to health impacts at the mineral and human cell level? For instance setting up a cell phone app on a iPhone to send 500 messages and a auto-texting generating to send out (receive side of iPhone) over a course of a month, a few months? Then what is the impact and potential correlation of text messaging position and male prostrate issues, female cervical cancer issues, pancreatic cancer, and even sterility. The science around how spermatozoa are created and their whole propulsion mechanism in the vaginal cavity could easily be affected by high power levels of cell phones at the power frequencies and cell voice and data frequencies. See wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spermotozoa . Any chance you have research articles handy on this subject as well?

Thx...
...Gil
c: 214-733-1946