© Copyright Powerwatch 2024

Powerwatch Forums - View Thread - LED Lighting

[Back to Forums Main Index]
[Back to Powerwatch Open Forum Index]

LED Lighting

Post Time: 29/01/2010 11:12:31
helsbells
Total Forum Posts: 7
This is a probably a really dumb question but is this worse than normal lighting - i don't really know what it is but suddenly its everywhere. For health reasons I want to but a glass kettle but notice even that is illuminated by a blue LED light when it boils. So just want to know if these are a problem generally. thank You
Post Time: 10/02/2011 20:16:49
Jorgen
Total Forum Posts: 4
I have read that the LED bulba will produce a frequency in the range of 40 - 70 KHz, even if they are connected to a batter (no ocilation power). Some people will react on this rays, even if the energy is very small - I have been reacting om that.
Jorgen
Post Time: 13/02/2011 12:12:44
alasdairP
Total Forum Posts: 173
LEDs supplied by a battery via a resistor do not emit anything other than light at the frequency (colour) of the LED.

Kettle LEDs often pulse at 50 or 60 Hz due to the cheap way they are connected -though that is no worse than old-fashioned incandecsent light bulbs - and the LEDs are very low powered. I would say they are fine.

'Mains-voltage' LED lamps and most low-voltage multi-voltage ones (i.e. where they say works from 6 volts to 30 volts) have a switching regulator inside the small package that reduces the voltage and limits the current by quickly switching on and off. As Jorgan says, these pulse between 32 kHz and about 100 kHz. The problem is not the LEDs themselves, but the way they are fed the electricity.
I hope this helps.

Alasdair
Post Time: 05/10/2011 10:49:18
Jean Philips
Total Forum Posts: 22
EMFields is offering a range of LED bulbs, including some that are earthed for minimum RF exposure, and a range of earthed lamps with LEDS.
These not only offer a range of options for room lighting, corridor lighting, light to see fine details by, but they are also energy saving, save you money and are long lasting, with no toxic mercury, etc at the end of their long life.
We have tested all the bulbs we supply and the results of the tests will be available for you to see on the website to make you selection of bulbs that will not give you the problems caused by CFLs.
Jean