- Mobile phones
   - Phone masts
   - Powerlines

Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!

- Liability disclaimer -
- Privacy policy -
- Cookies policy -
© Copyright Powerwatch 2024

Powerwatch Forums - View Thread - emf's from solar panels / sonos wireless system

[Back to Forums Main Index]
[Back to Powerwatch Open Forum Index]

emf's from solar panels / sonos wireless system

Post Time: 03/05/2010 16:21:27
tmeehan
Total Forum Posts: 5
We are planning to put photovoltaic solar panels on the roof of our new house. The children are sleeping on the top floor and will therefore be directly under the panels (within a few feet). Is this an issue and if so is there a way to shield them / what is a distance where the effect should be negligable?

We are also planning to use sonos for our music system. They use wireless technology, however we plan for all the stations to be wired. The company has informed me that the wireless component cannot be turned off, so it is not clear to me whether there is an EMF issue or not. Perhaps someone could clarify if the wifi relating to a sound system is significant in any case and secondly whether if the sound system is wired, does this reduce the level of wifi in use and thus make any EMF's minimal.

Thank you

Tara
Post Time: 03/05/2010 23:04:12
donweir
Total Forum Posts: 8
Sonos stations use similar technology to wifi routers and any information concerning wifi, on this website or elsewhere, may similarly be applied to Sonos. Peak RF voltage field levels of around 0.5V/m have been recorded approximately 1 metre from a Sonos station in a domestic environment. If the Sonos wireless component cannot be completely turned off, as is also the case with many wifi routers, it should be noted that the Sonos station may produce lower average power levels when the wireless component is idle; peak (or pulsed) power levels will generally remain unaltered however.
Post Time: 06/07/2010 20:24:09
AndrewCohen
Total Forum Posts: 14
From Alasdair on Andrew's old computer.

Solar panel - no problem at all.

Sono - I would avoid all wireless devices in the house other than broadcast reception radios and TVs. If you already have them, then I suggest that you hire an Acoustimeter and measure the RF levels around your house. If your are concerened with microwave exposure, then you should do that anyway.