- Mobile phones
   - Phone masts
   - Powerlines

Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!

- Liability disclaimer -
- Privacy policy -
- Cookies policy -
© Copyright Powerwatch 2024

Powerwatch Forums - View Thread - 'Safer' Mobile Phone?

[Back to Forums Main Index]
[Back to Powerwatch Open Forum Index]

'Safer' Mobile Phone?

Post Time: 20/08/2011 00:29:54
elle66
Total Forum Posts: 15
I'm wondering if anyone has any information about mobile phones available in the UK which have the lowest emissions (and whether the differences are really worth considering)? I found some information on the Environmental Working Group website but it seems that they only have info on phones available in America. Up until now I've resisted giving my 12 yr-old a mobile phone but I feel my resolve weakening in the face of (her) peer pressure - quite depressing really! She really does seem to be the only kid we know who doesn't have the obligatory phone, Wii, wireless internet access etc. I will of course lay down guidelines so that she can only text or make a voice call in an absolute emergency, although this won't address the problem of other kids calling her. Any thoughts much appreciated!
Post Time: 05/10/2011 10:44:04
Jean Philips
Total Forum Posts: 22
On the EMFields website there is a series of informative articles called Children and Mobile Phones http://emfields.org/library.asp
There is also Mobile Phones section 6 Reducing your exposure with some handy hints about the best way to use your phone to reduce your exposure to as low as possible.This includes the fact that having a low SAR doesn't guarantee low exposure for the reasons given.
These are all free of charge.
EMFields also stock blocSocks, including 'funky' ones a 12 year old might like which reduce RF exposure by 96%, or you might consider buying her an airtube hands-free kit - available in pink or blue as well as black. This will deal with the problem of being called as well as calling.
Jean
Well done for keeping her mobile-free to the age of 12, not easy these days.